We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
- we are performing a contract with you for our services; and
- Personal Data we collect via our website www.mariejohnstonwriter.com (the “Website”)
Personal Data that you provide to us We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following ways:
Activity Types of Personal Data Collected When you sign-up to:
- receive free content, including eBooks, videos and offers;
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
When you complete the media enquiries form
- Email address
- Any Personal Data which you provide to us in the free text box of the form
Data that we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you visit our Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We do not link this information with any Personal Data.
- Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of our website;
- respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
- improve our services and Website through analysis of information.
- Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below: We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
- Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
- Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 18 years old. If you are under the age of 18, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
- Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email@example.com or via our postal address:
- see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
- ask us to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
- Change of purpose
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
- Contact Us Our full details are: LE Publishing Email for Privacy Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org Postal Address: PO Box 433, Mandan, ND 58554
Last updated: 5/12/2018
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
– Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Where can your find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites: